Hallow's Eve
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hallow's Eve

Welcome to Lincoln, you will not be leaving.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

For You, I'd Sing Forever [Task One: Rachelle]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rachelle Lefevre

For You, I'd Sing Forever [Task One: Rachelle] Empty
PostSubject: For You, I'd Sing Forever [Task One: Rachelle]   For You, I'd Sing Forever [Task One: Rachelle] EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 12:37 am

"The water's wide, I cannot get over
And neither have I wings to fly
Give me a boat that'll carry two
And both shall row, my love and I.."

There came a soft, flowing melody from Rachelle's apartment window, and it didn't fit in with the darkness that was outside at all. She was in desperate mourning -- and it never failed to hit her hard every year. Three had passed since her boyfriend's death on the rough seas coming back from his trip to Paris, and she still kept his memory very close to her heart. She would never put her life completely on hold, but she did take time to sit down and remember him every chance she got.

Her fingers caressed the piano keys softly, her eyes focusing on the sheet music in front of her. A slight cracking sound broke her concentration, and the irritation that she felt immediately showed on her face. 'The nerve of some people..' she thought, going over to the aforementioned window. There was a small crack in it, one that she hadn't noticed before the noise. Her irritation only grew as she noticed how there were people running around like crazed animals down below.

"What are they doing down there?" she voiced aloud, walking over to the couch and grabbing up her purse as well as her keys. Her curiosity certainly was getting the best of her. Her flats hugged the ground as she descended the stairs, wanting to see what all the commotion was about.

Her face was immediately illuminated by a sickly green light, and she looked up. The Sky. Was. GREEN. In a fit of almost panic, she went up to a middle aged woman who looked particularly scared out of her wits.

"Excuse me, ma'am?" Rachelle asked hurriedly, the woman screaming and running even faster. "I CAN'T STAY!" she yelled back, Rachelle turning around.

There seemed to be a barrage of green-hued creatures coming her way.. and Rachelle couldn't do anything but zip towards the stairs again, the green creatures getting closer. "GET AWAY!" she screeched, hitting at some of them with her purse before crawling to her door, opening it and skittering inside.

She locked every lock there was on the door, sitting beside it in petrified fear. Her arm felt funny, though.. it felt.. tingly.

And that was when Rachelle felt as if she departed from this world.

Her soul felt detached, broken, played with.. she felt depressed, overly depressed.. like she had the entire world on her shoulders. Why she was doing what she was doing, she didn't know; she was being forced to.

She glided across the lawns of people's homes, her song echoing mournfully out of her pained lips, a ghost-like expression on her dead looking face.. and so began her curse, forever doomed to sing presumed tales of woe.

'The ship there is and she sails the sea
She's loaded deep as deep can be
But not so deep as the love I'm in
I know not if I sink or swim

Oh, love is gentle, love is kind
The sweetest flower when first it's new
But love grows old and waxes cold
And fades away like morning dew'

(the song she's singing is 'The Water's Wide' by Hayley Westenra. c: )
Back to top Go down

For You, I'd Sing Forever [Task One: Rachelle]
Page 1 of 1