Hallow's Eve
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hallow's Eve

Welcome to Lincoln, you will not be leaving.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

~JR's Story~

Go down 
AuthorMessage
JR

~JR's Story~ Empty
PostSubject: ~JR's Story~   ~JR's Story~ EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 2:17 pm

"FINALLY!" JR yelled with excitement, to no one in particular, as his turn came to step up onto the train compartment. He handed the conductor his coach ticket and took an aisle seat, peeking up ahead to see the first-class compartment. He rolled his eyes with mock envy, almost wishing he was sitting up there being fed grapes and cherries and getting the bomb-dignity treatment. Then, he smacked himself remembering why he hated that lifestyle. Correction, hated the rules of that lifestyle. The expectation and responsibilities that came with it. Always having to please important people who didn't care about what you really had to contribute. Not being able to maintain proper friendship with your peers. He was once again glad to be heading back home to Lincoln. To his best friend. Boy, was he going to bug the stiff out of him!

As if on cue, his smartphone rang. A smug look crossed his face as he checked the caller ID and decided to let his voicemail take over:
"Believe it or not, JRisn'tAtHome.
LeaveAmessage at. the. beeeeep.
I must be out or I'dPickUpThePhone.
Where. could. I. beeeee?"
There was a catchy tune in the background of his singing message and he laughed aloud at the aggravated sigh on the other end of the beep.

"JR, I know you're on the damn train, man. Pick up!"
"Gosh, DJ. You're no fun, dude! And is that major gruffness I hear in your voice? Are you on your lappy?!" JR cackled. He could just see the familiar scowl on Derek's face.

There was a short pause of deep breathing going before Derek Jules spoke again, this time there was calm, seriousness in his voice. "Look, man. Look outside your window. I don't know if you can see it but. The sky. Is green and not the kind of green that comes after a fog. It's GREEN!"

JR rolled his eyes at the ceiling but shifted to the empty window seat beside him and glanced out the window. The sky... was green and not only that but were those green bats? He did a double-look and said, "Hey uh d-do you see green bats too, dude?" He didn't mean for it to come out as a joke but it did and he could hear Derek scoff.

"Man, this is serious! Something weird's going on"
"DJ?" JR gasped. The line had cut out before JR could catch the last of Derek's words. He was trying to recall when one of the green bats smashed right into his window and he jumped in surprise. Boy, was he glad these windows were bullet and shatter-proof!

But that didn't stop the little sucker. It flew out of sight and joined its brethren to find a way into the train. Screams were soon heard through-out the first-class compartment and JR gasped in a search for his phone. Apparently, it had fallen beneath the seat and as he reached down to get it, he felt a sharp stinging on his hand. The green bats had spread to his compartment and was scratching and biting at him. He winced and punched at one feeling it disintegrate almost immediately. He quickly pocketed his phone and before he put any thought into it, he sprint off the train. Luckily, it had already reached Lincoln station and he booked it home, forgetting all his luggage.

With his house in sight, JR ran like a track star down the neighborhood, half screaming, half laughing. He was sure this was all one big crazy dream and when he reached his porch and touched the door knob and his house burned down, he stared blankly at the ashes. He don't know how long he stood there mouth agape at the rubble. All he could think was: Ain't none this real. And he was so certain this was all a dream that he trekked back to the train station and decided to sleep it all away...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/HeartShootingStar

~JR's Story~
Page 1 of 1