Hallow's Eve
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hallow's Eve

Welcome to Lincoln, you will not be leaving.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

nightmares

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Heidi De Huitt

nightmares  Empty
PostSubject: nightmares    nightmares  EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 8:57 pm

((sorry I've been off DX real life and other things))

Darkness, darkness, and then, suddenly, light! And people and...need. She swarmed out of the dark and fire and pain with her brothers and sisters, clawing at the air and howling, screaming, cheering at freedom at long last! Her and a group of her fellows turned, searching, searching, a victim, a plaything! There! An auburn haired man. They swooped upon him, they flew him over the trees, but he wouldn't stop struggling. He wouldn't stop. He grabbed at her as he fell and clutched her to his chest as she struggled and screamed and beat at his hands and chest with wings and claws and teeth. He let go, finally, with a yell as she sunk her teeth in his hand deep, deep, and scratched his neck. And then, pain! Pain! So much pain....

"DADDY!!!" Laura sat bolt upright in bed, screaming as she clutched her covers and soon was engulfed in strong, comforting arms. "Laura, baby, what's wrong?" murmured Joseph worriedly. "the nightmare again?" sobbing, the little blond girl nodded and buried her face in his chest. Joseph sighed and rocked her gently back and forth until the sobbings quieted and the shaking ceased. "it's only a dream baby. Go back to sleep" Laura sniffed and smiled at him, rubbing her face of any left-over tears. "daddy, how did you find me, that night?"

Joseph smiled a little, though with a touch of sadness. Her favorite story was a lie. "I found you unconscious on the ground in the woods, under two bodies I assume were your parents. You were hurt badly and so I picked you up and rushed you back to my café, and treated you" Laura smiled and nodded. "and when I woke up, you gave me a big bowl of stew and that you were my daddy now" Joseph nodded. "that's right, and you've been my perfect little girl ever since. Now, go back to sleep, Lorie. Pretty princesses need their beauty sleep" he kissed her forehead and she giggled.

Joseph tucked her in and turned off the light, noticing (though not for the first time) that for just a few minutes, the little girl glowed a light green, wrapped in bat-like wings, clutching her teddy bear with sharp claws. He didn't shut the door until it was his dear little Laura asleep on the bed, and not the demon she'd used to be.

Laura, his world, his light, his darkest secret. Who'd known that human blood and food would turn a demon human? He'd just felt bad for almost killing it. And he knew that if anyone found out the truth behind who Laura was, there would be no peace till the people of the town had killed her, and he wasn't sure if he could stop it.
Back to top Go down

nightmares
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hallow's Eve :: Out of Character :: Profiles-
Jump to: