Hallow's Eve
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hallow's Eve

Welcome to Lincoln, you will not be leaving.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Trying to Get Some Information (Tag Anyone)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Anne

Trying to Get Some Information (Tag Anyone) Empty
PostSubject: Trying to Get Some Information (Tag Anyone)   Trying to Get Some Information (Tag Anyone) EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 8:13 pm

Despite their fright on Halloween night, Anne and Melody had been trying to settle somewhat back into their lives. Of course, that was easier said than done. Everyone had gotten cursed that night, and each curse was different. Melody was still asking questions though. She wanted to know why this happened, how it happened. And today, Anne was going to try and find some answers. Maybe there would be something in the library, maybe a book or an Internet site, that would have some information about all this. So, she browsed through the shelves, trying to find something that might help.
Back to top Go down
Derek Julez

PostSubject: Re: Trying to Get Some Information (Tag Anyone)   Trying to Get Some Information (Tag Anyone) EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 4:51 pm

Derek drove to the library.
He was still a little on edge about his frozen moment the other night.
Besides, he wanted to find out what he could do about JR's fire touching problem.
He also had to return a book that he used for a class assignment last week.
He got out of the car and looked around the nearly deserted parking lot.
He thought it would've been packed full of people considering recent events.
He slammed the car door and jogged up the steps, going inside and stopping at the reception desk to drop off the book.
He waited and looked around, spotting a woman browsing the shelves in a nearby aisle.
He stared at her absentmindedly until the receptionist called for his attention.
Back to top Go down
Anne

PostSubject: Re: Trying to Get Some Information (Tag Anyone)   Trying to Get Some Information (Tag Anyone) EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 4:58 pm

Anne glanced up when she heard a set of footsteps. She felt her body automatically tense up, as if the footsteps belonged to a predator of sorts. But it was just her paranoid mind overreacting again. The footsteps only belonged to a young man, who seemed to be looking at her. Anne wondered if he was checking her out or something and she tried not to frown. She still didn't want to have anything to do with flings or relationships or anything of that sort. "Hey," she said, nodding in his direction. "Looking for something?"
Back to top Go down
Derek Julez

PostSubject: Re: Trying to Get Some Information (Tag Anyone)   Trying to Get Some Information (Tag Anyone) EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 7:10 pm

"You're looking more than I am," Derek mumbled.
With his drop off transaction done, he walked over to her.
"You look troubled. Green sky and the weird bats attack bothering you as well?
My name is Derek, by the way."
Back to top Go down
Anne

PostSubject: Re: Trying to Get Some Information (Tag Anyone)   Trying to Get Some Information (Tag Anyone) EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 1:59 pm

Anne sighed. "You could...say that much." She gestured towards the rows of books in front of her. "I'm trying to see if there's any information I can find about it all, see if maybe there's a way to reverse it." She brushed a strand of hair behind her ear. "Anne. Nice to meet you."
Back to top Go down
Derek Julez

PostSubject: Re: Trying to Get Some Information (Tag Anyone)   Trying to Get Some Information (Tag Anyone) EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 3:10 pm

Derek walked over and examined some of the books in the row.
'Spirits of the Afterlife'. 'The Souls That Lingers'. 'Ghosts and the Paranormal'. 'Demons and Ghosts'.
They all seem to be on ghosts. Derek concluded and stole a quick glance toward Anne.
He then picked out a book labeled 'Apparitionists, Ghost-seers of the 17th Century' and handed it to Anne.
"I'm going to take a wild guess and say that this is your current migraine masher?"
Back to top Go down
Anne

PostSubject: Re: Trying to Get Some Information (Tag Anyone)   Trying to Get Some Information (Tag Anyone) EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 8:43 pm

"Hm?" Anne glanced at the book Derek was holding out to her. She looked at the shelf in front of her and blinked in surprise. She hadn't even been aware that she had been standing in front of a section dealing with ghost stuff. "Oh, yeah, you could...say that," she replied. "Me and my daughter, we both...after Hallowee, we've been...seeing stuff like that." She glanced up at Derek. "What did they do to you?"
Back to top Go down
Derek Julez

PostSubject: Re: Trying to Get Some Information (Tag Anyone)   Trying to Get Some Information (Tag Anyone) EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 10:26 pm

"I turn to ice and can't move but its like i'm astral projecting or something..."
Derek trailed off in thought. "I'm not really sure, honestly but I would check this out if I were you."
He said, handing the Apparitionist book to Anne.
"I had to read it in one of my class.
There's a lot of techniques in there that might help you control you and your daughter's sightings."
He smiled and walked down a few rows of shelves.
He scaned a row of books on Weather History.
When he noticed Anne had followed, he looked to her.
"On Halloween night, the sky turned green and then the bats attacked.
Did you notice anything before that?"
Back to top Go down
Anne

PostSubject: Re: Trying to Get Some Information (Tag Anyone)   Trying to Get Some Information (Tag Anyone) EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 6:55 pm

Anne blinked. Derek's power sounded a bit elaborate compared to hers, daresay even unique. Seeing the dead was such a cliche power, Anne felt like she was in the middle of Sixth Sense half the time. "Oh, thanks," she said when Derek handed her a book. At least he was willing to help her out, despite only meeting her a few minutes ago. She ended up walking behind him as she flipped through the pages, looking up when he asked her a question. "Oh, no, nothing out of the ordinary," she replied. "This town's been pretty normal until now."
Back to top Go down
Derek Julez

PostSubject: Re: Trying to Get Some Information (Tag Anyone)   Trying to Get Some Information (Tag Anyone) EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 7:49 pm

(well Derek is unique haha Cool ikid ikid)

"Ya that's what I thought too.
But there was something a police officer told me earlier.
It makes me think that it could be just this town, and not the whole world, thats affected."
He grabbed a book on global ozone causes and effects.
He then proceeded to pick up one of the element of fire.
He scanned another row to see if there was a book on the town itself.
"A history of Lincoln or something would be great," he whispered, still looking.
Back to top Go down
Anne

PostSubject: Re: Trying to Get Some Information (Tag Anyone)   Trying to Get Some Information (Tag Anyone) EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 11:01 pm

Anne pursed her lips in thought. "Hmm, that could be possible. Has anyone tried leaving town to find out?" Anne would have gone by now to try and find out, but she had Melody to look after. She couldn't leave her behind, and she thought it too dangerous to bring her along. Who knew what was out there. "Maybe we should see if the librarian can help us," she suggested. "I haven't been in here too often, don't know my way around so well."
Back to top Go down
Derek Julez

PostSubject: Re: Trying to Get Some Information (Tag Anyone)   Trying to Get Some Information (Tag Anyone) EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 2:28 am

"My best friend was coming back to Lincoln when this all began.
He told me the bats had destroyed the tracks and the train just kinda vanished.
I haven't tried driving out of town. Never really needed to, actually."
Derek searched the row and the next one and the one after that.
No. The history book of Lincoln was gone.
Someone probably checked it out Derek. Relax.
He tried to calm himself down.
"I... I gotta go."
He didn't know why but something felt... wrong.
Panic was taking over him. He was feeling shaky.
It was a lot like the night when he was worried about JR.
He left in a hurry, dropping the books he was to check out on a nearby table.
He didn't even get to say goodbye to Anne as he stumbled to his car.
Back to top Go down
Anne

PostSubject: Re: Trying to Get Some Information (Tag Anyone)   Trying to Get Some Information (Tag Anyone) EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 12:44 am

"Vanished?" That wasn't good. If Lincoln was cut off from the rest of the world, then things were bound to get hairy. Granted, Lincoln was a big town, but people were bound to go stir-crazy eventually. And who knew what they would do to get out. She glanced up, seeing Derek had gone quiet. She frowned, seeing a nervous look in his eyes. Then, before she knew it, he was running off and heading out the door. "That was weird," she muttered. Did it have something to do with his curse? Or was he just an odd guy? At this point, either option sounded plausible. But Anne just shrugged and went back to browsing. She still had some research to do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trying to Get Some Information (Tag Anyone)   Trying to Get Some Information (Tag Anyone) Empty

Back to top Go down

Trying to Get Some Information (Tag Anyone)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hallow's Eve :: Lincoln :: Town Library-
Jump to: